I'm Ted Deacey✌🏼, a freelance editor & colourist, currently working in📍Melbourne / Naarm.
- I graduated as a designer from the University of Tasmania and relocated to the mainland, where I worked in multiple AGDA award winning design studios, honing skills in typography, branding and motion design.
- As a side gig, learnt audio production in Ableton & was named in “Top 7 upcoming Australian electronic music producers to watch out for” by Triple J’s Dave Ruby Howe. Also supported Flume, Lunice and Flight Facilities live on local tours.
- Had an illustration photographed for a bottle label in MONA’s Moorilla Prixis wine range, which won a Golden Bottle Award for best design.
(tldr: I get bored easily)
My passion for film drew me naturally into the world of post-production – where I can tap into all aspects of my experience to develop and refine rich stories for the screen.
Having no specialty is my speciality (kind of like a human swiss army knife) — effectively applying technical knowledge across audio, colour, design, editing and screenwriting in combination with an understanding of brand communication and strategy.
Whether it’s a first cut or a colour grade, I love obscure references and finding inspiration in all corners of the aesthetic world.
All are welcome to attend edit or colour sessions in-suite (Brunswick 3056) – or collaborate via remote process.
- DaVinci Resolve
- Adobe Premiere
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Audition
- LG C9 Series 55″ 4K UHD OLED TV
- EIZO ColorEdge CG247X 24″
- DaVinci Resolve Micro Panel